Heard tonight on CBC’s As It Happens: The Avon and Somerset Constabulary in the UK has posted actual calls to 999 (the British equivalent to 991) as a primer on when not to call the emergency number. Among the calls: a woman who has lost her glasses and can’t see to make potatoes and a man whose wife left the house without leaving him anything to eat.
You may also like
- Always one of my favorites: Kaye Ballard Dead: ‘Mothers-in-Law’ Star Was 93. I’d say “rest in peace” but I’m sure she’s rabble rousing instead. https://t.co/3sKm2G22GX
- I’d say that Trump rewards bad behavior, but I’m not so sure a meeting with him is in any way a reward. https://t.co/fCSZonPcdV
- Of COURSE. https://t.co/SrodsIzpnz
- Thread… 👇 https://t.co/i2hyxRXJPR
- FINALLY. https://t.co/m9aZlbp0qp