Heard tonight on CBC’s As It Happens: The Avon and Somerset Constabulary in the UK has posted actual calls to 999 (the British equivalent to 991) as a primer on when not to call the emergency number. Among the calls: a woman who has lost her glasses and can’t see to make potatoes and a man whose wife left the house without leaving him anything to eat.
You may also like
- Cripes, what was the level before?! https://t.co/SR3N2DRIBS
- Not sure what this tells us. https://t.co/SsbmsR1QxQ
- Pumpkin pie is a vegetable, right?
- SO loving the new #BBCTwo idents. https://t.co/wBg7O8leyy
- ‘No downside’: New Zealand firm adopts four-day week after successful trial https://t.co/OqU9qBJO1p