Even though I’m fairly ambivalent about the death of Ronald Reagan — not so much because of his politics, but mostly because it was such a “long goodbye” — I have to admit that I feel tugs of sympathy for Nancy Reagan. Whatever else she may have represented over the years, she also embodied devotion. She protected her husband for so long, from assassination attempts to Alzheimers. Now, looking at her drained face gazing from a limo, alone, I wonder what she will do now, by herself. Without Ronnie.
You may also like
- Republican National Committee accepts $248K from Steve Wynn, accused of sexual misconduct | Remember when Ronna Romney Whatever said they were gonna return his donation? https://t.co/bh8kQd7638
- Send provisions. But not food or drink, cos they aren’t allowed here.
- Yup. I didn’t have a piece of paper sting there was no lien on my car, even though it’s got a clean title. California uses e-titles, as does Virginia… but for some reason they don’t accept e-titles. Seriously. Clock: 1hr 15min so far. #jeebus
- Also, I brought all the things the DMV website said to bring. How much you wanna bet I won’t have what they want? Assuming I make it to the front door without passing out from low blood sugar?
- So far, not one single thing in #Virginia has been easier or less bureaucratic than the equivalent in #California. Just saying, for all you “less liberal government” types. #StandingInLineJustToGetIntoDMVFrontDoor #35MinWaitUntilTakeANumber #HolyCrap #BackwardState #MyHomeState