1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not?
Absolutely not. Sometimes it might appear that I am organized, but this is merely because I am a creature of habit and tend to keep my piles in the same place. But they’re still piles.
2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly?
Nope. I have a Palm, and I never use it. I have a Newton, and I never use it. I have iCal on my Powerbook, and I never use it. Then again, I never have need for them, because I am never really scheduled to be anywhere or do anything with anybody. I don’t need a planner to tell me that I’ll be on the couch watching TV at 8.
3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now?
Again, it’s hard to tell. The piles on my desk kind of make sense to me, but anyone else would think they’re just a mess.
4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter?
I sometimes tend to keep things organized by genre, and in chronological order within a genre. But mostly with DVDs and videotapes.
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to organize?
Trying to schedule more than 300 sessions at an educational conference, keeping them all from conflicting because of the various presenters, room requirements, and times. Nuts. Insane. But I did fire up iCal for that one, which was incredibly helpful.
I guess that the upshot to this is that I am organized, but it’s just hard to believe.