Reading about Sarah Palin’s rant against Obama this morning in the Washington Post, I came across a particularly stupid web comment (in a page filled with stupid comments):
Just for a minute, forget political party, forget names, race and gender. Answer this question:
Who would you vote for to run this country?
1 – community organizer.
2 – former mayor, energy commissioner and
This is typical of right-wing crazies: they ignore facts left and right and begin to truly believe the nonsense they spew. I guess this commenter forgot a few things, like the fact that he was a senator. Just for the record, let’s take a look at President Obama’s resume, shall we?
- Graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School
- President of the Harvard Law School
- Community Organizer
- Civil Rights Attorney
- Constitutional Law Professor at University of Chicago Law School
- Three term Illinois State Senator
- U.S. Senate
- Nobel Peace Prize laureate (hey, we all pad our resume with awards we didn’t necessarily feel worthy of.)
Now let’s take a look at Mrs. Palin’s credentials:
- Hawaii Pacific University (Fall 1982), North Idaho College (spring & fall 1983), University of Idaho (fall 1984, spring 1985), Matanuska-Susitna College (fall 1985), University of Idaho (spring 1986). Bachelors in communications, 1987.
- Miss Wasilla, 1984; third place Miss Alaska
- City Council, Wasilla, AK
- Mayor, Wasilla, AK
- Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (2003, resigned 2004)
- Governor, Alaska (2006, resigned 2009)
Now answer the question: Who would you vote for?