I recently invested some of my retirement funds in real estate, and yesterday received a report on some purchases on my portfolio. It’s a weird feeling now, knowing that in some small way I am the landlord of tenants at:
- Capitol Place, Sacramento, CA
- 4200 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL
- Treat Towers, Walnut Creek, CA
- Prominence in Buckhead, Atlanta, GA
- 161 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL
- 3 Hutton Centre, Santa Ana, CA
- Summit Distribution Center, Memphis, TN
- CalEast Industrial warehouses in Chicago, Middlesex, NJ; and Memphis TN
- Ranier Corporate Park, Fife, WA
- and an interest in 32 “Public Storage” self-storage facilities.
I’ll have to get myself a top hat and a handlebar mustache.
Meanwhile, my interest in 1801 K Street, NW here in Washington, DC has been sold at a profit of $41 million. Unfortunately, I share that profit with probably 41 million other people.