I just about bust a gut reading this item in today’s Washington Post:
SILVER SPRING, Peach Orchard Road, 15000 block, Nov. 18. Guests at a residence were mingling around a dining room table laden with food when a raccoon fell through the ceiling onto the table. People reportedly started screaming, and the raccoon scurried up a hutch in the room. The Montgomery County Humane Society was called, and a field driver caught the animal and released it in the wild. A resident inspected the ceiling and theorized that the raccoon had chewed through the joist and drywall, causing the collapse.