I’m beginning to wonder about life expectancy here in San Jose. In Arlington, where I’m from (just across the river from DC) the murder rate was pretty close to nothing and there didn’t seem to be a high death toll. In DC it was always high, but it didn’t seem to make the news as much. Here in San Jose, though, here is a sampling from the Mercury News website as of 11:30am today:
- Body found hanging from a tree in South San Jose
- Man killed at S.J. house party Saturday identified
- Two killed in separate incidents in San Francisco
- Man shot, killed; another stabbed in San Jose
- Death toll continues to mount on Bay Area tracks
- Underground mine swallows man in house
That’s just today’s Mercury News.
If things continue in this vein, San Jose’s new status as 10th largest city by population will be short-lived. Pun intended.